Huge BMX Tournament Coming To Rockford This Weekend
Another big tournament is coming to Rockford.
If you've never been to the back of Searls Park you might not know that there's a championship level BMX track back there. I see it all the time when I take my dogs to the Canine Corner dog park there (Fun fact: It's the biggest fenced in dog park in Illinois.) I've always wondered if I could even make it around the track without suffering serious injury. This weekend more than a 1,000 riders will get to answer that question for themselves. Here's the details:
- What - Rockford BMX will host the 2017 USA BMX Midwest Nationals Friday through Sunday. More than 1,500 professional and amateur racers will compete for national rankings on one of the best bicycle motocross tracks in the country.
- When - Friday, 1PM - Saturday, 11:30AM - Sunday, 8AM
- Where - Searls Park BMX Track, 4950 Safford Road, Rockford
- Cost - General parking is $10/day, $25/weekend and motorhome parking is $50/weekend; competitors' registration fees are available at www.rockfordbmx.com.
- Why - The events will bring approximately 4,000 racers and fans to the region and are expected to generate an estimated $250,000 for local sites, attractions, and eateries. Pros from all over the world will be in attendance, even as far as Mexico and Canada.
Good luck to all the competitors and hope to see you there.