Here’s What Every State Is Googling For Valentine’s Day This Year
Good news for Illinois residents, we're not that weird. You can't say that for some other states.
Full disclosure, I'm always a little wary of these types of maps. I think the research behind them is sketchy at best. That being said. There are some real gems in this map. Let's take a look at some of the highlights.
- Illinois - Let's start at home. Chocolate Fondue. Not too weird. Pretty romantic. I'm actually proud that's our result.
- Wisconsin - Fur Coat. This is one of the many results on this map that are very on brand. Good for them not having something cheese related.
- Washington - Bear Skin Rug. Interesting choice. Am I missing something? Are these things romantic? Are people just renting them? Confusing to say the least.
- Utah - Conversation Hearts. Possibly the most on-brand result on the map. Utah is probably our least wild state so these little pieces of chalk that are passed on as candy is perfect.
- Tennessee - Cheap Sex Toys. Hilarious. Only thing better would have been used sex toys.
- Texas - Plus-Size Lingerie. Everything is just a little bit plus-sized in Texas.
- Iowa - Tandem Bikes. What? They know it's cold in Iowa in February right?
- Alabama - Lord Byron Poetry. Probably the most shocking result on the map. I know when I think of 18th century English poets I think Alabama. #RollTide
- Maine - Robert Burns Poetry. They don't call Maine the Alabama of the Northeast for nothing.
There are a couple other good ones in there (looking at you Oklahoma.) Again I'm not too sure how accurate these are but it sure is a lot of fun to ridicule other states.