A fire on July 12 caused an estimated $100,000 damage to Rocknel Fastener, 5319 11th St.

According to the Rockford Fire Department, firefighters responded to a structure fire at the businesses just after 1 p.m. Upon arrival, fire department personnel found light smoke inside the building.

It was determined the building's sprinkler system had been activated and had extinguished the fire before their arrival.

All employees had evacuated the building prior to the department's arrival.

The fire reportedly damaged an air compressor unit and the surrounding electrical systems.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental due to a malfunctioning air compressor unit.

According to Rocknel Fastener's website, the business manufactures cold-formed automotive and commercial fasteners.