If you're going to celebrate the Christmas season, you might as well do it up big.
I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time and planning some of these extravagant lights displays took to put together.
Some must have taken hours if not days to do it all correctly. Because it seems there are more ways to make a poor-looking Christmas display than there are to make a good one.
Lucky for these 15 they have a chance to win $500 from the Illinois Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 364.
These people took the time, hung the lights, arranged it all properly, and most importantly, sent in a pic of their handiwork HERE.
Thinking about doing the same but not sure where to start? ABC News has a few "secrets" for anyone considering what could be a massive undertaking.
- Start early - It might be a little late for that, but if you get going now you might be able to get it done.
- Start small - Bigger isn't always better. Like ABC News "Start with a few lights."
- Get inspired - There's nothing worse than just going through the motions, and that includes decorating for the holidays.
- Bring in professionals - If you don't have time to decorate yourself, bring someone else in to do it for you.
- Learn by doing - The previous recommendation too costly? The best thing you can do is just do it yourself, and work your way up to something huge like some of these pics below.