10 Dumb Illinois Laws Including What Animal You CAN’T Sit on While…
So if this was your plan for the weekend, you might as well make new plans ASAP. ALMI
It is illegal in Chicago, to go fishing...while sitting on the neck of a giraffe.
This is a law in the state of Illinois, that will be enforced? Not exactly sure HOW one gets a giraffe to your favorite Chicago fishing hole OR how you sit on it's neck. But if you were planning on this, scratch it from your to-do list.
Now THAT is a great law....but here are some others that might help you keep one step ahead of the law.
10 Dumb Illinois Laws
- Wheelbarrows with a “for sale” sign on them are not allowed to get chained to a tree in Des Plaines, Illinois
- It’s illegal to make soap in Normal, IL unless you have a license.
- It’s against the law to eat in a building that’s on fire in Chicago.
- Moline, IL: It’s illegal to ice skate at Riverside Pond from June to August. Um...
- Does your four legged friend enjoy a smoke? It’s illegal for anyone to give a lit cigar to a domesticated animal in Zion, IL.
- It’s illegal to give dogs whiskey in Chicago, IL.
- Mount Pulaski, IL...Boys can throw snowballs, girls can't.
- Galesburg, IL it is illegal to beat a rat with a baseball bat.
- Crete, IL...It's illegal to drive a CAR through town.
- Chicago, IL has banned taking French Poodles to the opera.
There you go fellow "Land of Lincoln" peeps, so adjust your crazy ways of pay the price.
LOOK: Here are the 25 best places to live in Illinois