The Most Commonly Misspelled Word In Each State Has Some Surprises
I don't claim to be the best speller. I will undoubtedly get several red lines that I'll have to correct before submitting this blog. However, I can still laugh at some of these.
This map, shared by Google, shows what words each state most frequently searches how to spell. I certainly "appreciate" Illinois not having one that's too embarrassing (Note: I misspelled embarrassing before correcting it.)
Some of my favorites from the map are:
- Arizona and New Hampshire - Diarrhea - Funny word and I've never spelled it correctly
- Utah and Arkansas - Leprechaun - What's going on in these states?
- Hawaii - Boutineer - Pretty sure that's the first time I've actually typed that word
- Alaska - Hawaii - That's just great.
- South Dakota, Oklahoma and Michigan - Gray - I know it's probably just a "gray vs. grey" situation but come on.
- Ohio - Banana - Listen to Gwen Stefani one time.
- West Virginia - Giraffe - Such a weird word to search, so West Virginia it hurts
- Massachusetts - Massachusetts - Admittedly I can't spell it either but I also don't live there.
- Florida - Tomorrow - In a surprise to no one, Florida can't spell a word that regularly shows up on a 2nd grade spelling test.
Looking good America. Spellcheck is definitely (eat it Oregon and Louisiana) ruining our country.