Stroll On State Broke An Attendance Record
Stroll on State, now in it's fourth year, attracts more people every year and this year was no exception.
The annual Christmastime event which now takes up 15 blocks of downtown Rockford attracted more than 75,000 people this year. It features an abundance of family-friendly events such as ice sculpting performances, visits with santa, horse and wagon rides, ice skating and watching the magical tree lighting of the City of Rockford Christmas Tree.
Some more numbers from this year's Stroll on State
- 10,000 people rode on the horse drawn wagon rides - up 11%
- 7,000 guests utilized park and ride shuttles to and from the event - up 40%
- 3,500 children visited Santa Claus - up 16%
- 103 performers entertained throughout the night on the Merry & Bright stage
- 30,000 lights adorned the Christmas tree
- 1,260 ice skaters at the Riverview Ice House - up 20%
- 5,000 cups of hot chocolate at the Hot Chocolate Express station - up 80%
- 1,400 attended The Studio's performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Nordlof Center
Thanks to all who made this a wonderful event. It's just another feather in the cap of what's becoming a vibrant downtown scene for Rockford. Hope to see you there next year.