Help Your Dog Stay Calm On The 4th Of July
Here are some ways to help keep your dog calm on the 4th of July.
The 4th of July is just around the corner and I get so excited. It's such a fun summer holiday. Hanging out with friends and family. Cooking out tasty food. Plus, I really enjoy fireworks.
There are so many people in my neighbor that shoot off their own fireworks. It must be because we are so close to Wisconsin and they are easy access.
The only bad thing is every year, my pets freak out from all the loud noises of the fireworks.
Dogs are especially sensitive. I remember as a kid, we had a dog that wouldn't come up from the basement on the 4th of July. She would always go to the bathroom on the floor too.
If you're not sure how to keep your dog calm during all the fireworks, here's some tips thanks to daily-journal.com.
- Exercise - Make sure during the day before it all starts, take them outside. Make sure they get plenty of exercise to wear them out.
- Comfort - If possible, be there to comfort them. They will feel better if you are there to show them some love.
- Indoors - Keep them inside and the house closed up. That way the sound is not as loud to them.
- Toys - Keep them busy. Take their mind of off the situation.
- Sound - Try playing some easy listening music or white noise to drown out the fireworks.
- Drugs - If all else fails, get some doggy downers from your vet.
I hope that helps your pets get through the 4th of July a little bit better.
Video: Candy Bar Challenge With Double T gets Violent