5 Fun Fall Things to Do In Rockford
Some of Rockford's Summer fun is continuing into the Fall, just with extra splashes of color.
So, here's the deal; I need your help. My daughter Ella is turning three at the end of October and I really want to do something "Fallish" for her birthday party. I have been scouring the internet for weeks now for ideas, and have come across some great Fall fun to be had in Rockford that I had forgotten about.
Here's some cool things we can do besides spending our days devouring donuts and apples at our favorite local orchards and pumpkin patches:
- Forest City Queen Fall Cruises - Cruises depart Saturdays from Noon to 4 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. through September 25, 2016, and then again on October 1, 2, and 8.
- Fall Foliage Cruises - A 2-hour cruise aboard the Forest City Queen of the beautifully colored banks of the Rock River with donuts, hot cider and coffee. October 1, 2, and 8 starting at 9 a.m.
- Trolley Car 36 - Beautiful fall trips along the Rock River Recreation Path. Thursdays, Saturday and Sundays through September 25, 2016.
- Wagon and Trail Rides at Lockwood Park - Reserved times are available through October.
- Rockford City Market - 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Fridays through September 30, 2016.
I'm still on the fence about what to do for Ella's birthday party since a lot of this great fun is only available through late September or early October and her birthday is October 25th, but at least we can have a lot of fun in the weeks before her big day. If you have any great Fall birthday ideas, please let me know, I am all ears!