CherryVale Mall’s Youth Policy Begins Today
Those under the age of 18, along with their parents and/or adult guardians, have had a couple of weeks to prepare, but in case it slipped your mind, CherryVale Mall’s new rules regarding teens and adult supervision starts today.
CherryVale’s “Youth Escort Policy,” or YEP, announced by mall officials two weeks ago, stated that teenagers shopping at the mall on Friday and Saturday evenings, from 4pm until closing time, would need to be accompanied by an adult – defined as someone over the age of 21.
Here’s a look at the entire policy, from CherryVale’s website:
- CherryVale Mall visitors under 18 are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 years or older on Friday and Saturday evenings after 4 PM, or at any other time the policy is in effect.
- Security will begin monitoring those entering the center at 4 PM on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Unescorted youth shopping prior to 4 PM on Friday and Saturday evenings must leave the mall by 4 PM or be joined by a parent or guardian.
- Unescorted youth will be asked to leave the center after 4 PM on Fridays and Saturdays, or any other time the policy is in effect.
- Individuals utilizing public or other forms of transportation must schedule their departure time to ensure compliance with the 4 PM youth/guardian policy.
- Individuals in violation of the CherryVale Mall YEP program or in violation of any posted mall rules that refuse to leave the mall when requested to do so by mall security officers may be prosecuted for trespassing.
- Proof of age will be required if the age of the youth and/or parent or legal guardian is not easily determined. Those whose age cannot be determined and who lack identification will be asked to the leave the property.
- Acceptable identification is a photo ID from a state agency, school, or employer.
- Youth under 18 working in the mall will be allowed to access without parent or legal guardian, proof of work status will be required and employees must go directly to place of employment and must leave the mall at the conclusion of their work shift, if after 4 PM on Friday and/or Saturday evenings, or at any other time the policy is in effect.
- One parent, 21 years of age or older, may escort all his/her children. Additionally, one parent or guardian, 21 years of age or older, may escort up to 3 youths, at least one of the youths must be the child of the parent or guardian.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for the actions of the escorted youth.
- Any person violating the posted rules of behavior will be asked to leave CherryVale Mall.
- If an escorted youth is banned from the center, the adult escort will also be banned for the same period.
- Security personnel are responsible for enforcing this policy and the procedures.
- CherryVale Mall YEP guidelines are posted at all mall entrances.
Speaking of malls, Dubai has decided to put all other malls on the face of the earth to shame by constructing the world’s biggest (by far!) mall. They’re calling it the “Mall of the World.” They’re expecting over 180 million visitors a year:
Subscribe to 1440 WROK on