Are You Or A Neighbor A July ‘Yard Of Distinction’ In Machesney Park?
Each month the Village of Machesney Park awards a "Yard of Distinction" in each of their six districts.
Anyone can take care of their yard in the fall when the weather is cool. Making sure your lawn looks good during the summer when it seems like grass grows an inch an hour is a real accomplishment.
The Yard of Distinction program is Machesney Park's way of recognizing neighbors whose yards catch your eye while driving through town. It's their way of rewarding the extra time, effort, and money these people expend to make their property and their neighbor's property more valuable.
So if you drive by any of these houses give them a honk of appreciation, there will probably be someone out front pulling weeds.
- District #1 - The Shull Residence, 5296 Red Tail Drive
- District #2 - The Jurasek Residence, 12432 Harbor Oaks Drive
- District #3 - The Euclide Residence, 1406 Gladys Drive
- District #4 - The Hoff Residence, 9920 Shore Drive
- District #5 -The Dujkovic Residence, 1276 Ed's Place
- District #6 - The Singer/Hammond Residence, 915 Evans Avenue
- Business - Superior Joining Technologies, 1260 Turret Drive
Pictures of all these yards can be seen here.